Follow us on LinkedIn for all our latest roles, news and insights
Global Blue Chip Media organisation is looking for a bright and ambitious Accounts Assistant join its EMEA Central Finance Function.
Reporting to the Finance Manager in a team of 10, the role will be a mix of predominantly transactional accounting (Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable), with some exposure to month end accounting.
Duties will include:
* Review of all invoices processed by Offshore team in India and assisting with any queries from supplier invoices/payments;
* Assisting with monthly BACS payment runs plus ad hoc payments as required;
* Maintain Fixed Asset Register;
* Prepare monthly prepayment journals for manager review;
* Be the point of contact between the offshore AP team and the Finance Manager, handling all queries and escalating to the Finance manager where appropriate;
* Invoicing to group companies in relation to various group initiatives plus monthly invoicing of ad hoc recharges;
* Bank movement journal and monthly bank reconciliation;
* Monthly reconciliation of intercompany accounts plus distribution of monthly statements to group companies;
* Perform Sarbanes Oxley Treasury Testing on a quarterly basis;
* Additional tasks in relation to assisting all corporate entities to meet any legal requirements;
* Yearly and quarterly preparation of UK and European VAT Claims;
* Provide assistance to accounting team as required.
The ideal candidate will have solid Accounts Assistant level experience (Accounts Payable as a bear minimum), be actively studying towards an Accountancy qualification, and should feel ready to take the next step up the finance career ladder. Candidates could be school leavers who are advanced in AAT (or equivalent), or be Grads who are early stage ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent) studiers. Proficiency in MS Excel is required and exposure to Great Plains is desirable, but not essential.
An excellent level of organisational skills with great attention to detail is extremely important, as well as a flexible and outgoing attitude. You should be a self-starter and have the ability to deal with people at all levels. You should have a sense of humour and enjoy working, proactively, as part of the finance team.