Follow us on LinkedIn for all our latest roles, news and insights
Leading Music Media company based in London’s West End is looking for a part-qualified financial accountant to join its vibrant growing finance team.
Reporting to the Finance Accountant in a finance department of c.25 this role will play an important part in ensuring all statutory and taxation compliance requirements are met.
External and month-end reporting
* Prepare financial statements and annual transparency reports for review by the Finance Manager.
* Preparation of schedules and deliverables for the interim and year-end statutory and transparency audits
* Assisting the finance manager in facilitating the year end statutory and transparency report audits through managing the finance teams audit deliverables and sampling
* Prepare month end journals, balance sheet reconciliations for a number of accounts including the high level monthly balance sheet summaries.
Banking & treasury
* Processing treasury related journals at month-end and reconciling the balance sheet accounts
* Set up manual payments, including international payments.
* Review and present to FM & FC – Review regular cash flow forecasting for short term and long term investments
* Prepare and file quarterly VAT returns and EU sales lists
* Ensure full compliance with VAT regulations by working with the rest of the Finance team on processes impacting VAT and by keeping abreast of developments in VAT regulations
* File quarterly WHT returns
* Complete applications for double taxation relief in relation to International royalty payments.
* Help develop withholding tax strategy, ensuring full compliance while maximising the after tax distributions to members.
* Keep abreast of developments in WHT regulations and suggest changes to ensure compliance
* Preparation and submission of overseas companies corporation tax returns
* Preparation of corporation tax schedules
Other responsibilities working with the Financial Accounting Team
* Assist with the submission of the annual PSA
* Management of the Annual tax calendar ensuring all deadlines are met and filings are made on time.
* Maintain all tax compliance process documents
* Assist with finance elements of the new Finance System/Project
* Assist in preparation of employee P11d’s
* Ad-hoc analysis and project work