Large successful Media Group is looking for an Assistant Management Accountant to join its outgoing and dynamic Finance team of c.30 staff.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, duties will include:
- Help produce timely and reliable monthly management reports
- Preparation and posting of all month end journals, accruals, prepayments and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Liaise with the businesses to go through cost reports of projects delivered in the month.
- Assist in the preparation of the variance analysis and commentary of actual performance in the month against the budget/forecast.
- Able to talk the line manager through the accounts and answer questions.
- Maintain and set up project codes in accordance with group finance policy.
- Ensure financial information is processed in line with the Finance Department timetable
- Help improve processes, working papers and reports as required.
- Assist in providing deliverables for the annual audit.
- Coding of invoices
- Other ad-hoc analysis and tasks as required by the Finance Director e.g. revenue and cost analysis in relation to key contracts and costs, ad-hoc analysis of production costs.
- Set up cost codes as required by the business
- Provide support to the Accounts Receivable function, such as credit control and billing on an ad hoc basis
- Part qualified accountant – ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent)
- Experience of management accounts
- Working in a media environment would be beneficial for the role, but isn’t essential
- An organised individual with the ability to prioritise and handle a wide range of tasks across multiple divisions
- Strong Excel and data manipulation skills
- Ability to create and maintain good relationships with operational managers
- Positive, proactive and a professional attitude
- Willingness to learn and develop in the role and throughout the wider team
- Ability to work effectively under pressure