Vibrant Music Media organisation in the heart of London’s fashionable West End is looking for an outgoing and enthusiastic finance professional to join its dynamic but fun finance team, as an Assistant Management Accountant.
The role reports to the Snr Management Accountant in a finance team of c. 20
- Timely monthly completion of the company management accounts with responsibility for reviewing the general ledger – to include: making accruals, correcting coding, reviewing the purchase order, depreciation and prepayments models prior to posting by Accounts Payable into the general ledger to ensure accurate accounting of costs.
- Responsible for maintaining detailed departmental cost schedules in order to track and understand actual costs versus budget and revised forecast.
- Ensure budget holders are fully informed of their spend against budget and revised forecast including the preparation of monthly P&L’s and assisting with ad hoc cost queries.
- Maintain detailed revenue schedules analysing variances to budget and providing summarised information for management decision making purposes.
- Attend monthly meetings with budget-holders to ensure effective two-way communication regarding budgets and forecasts.
- Proactively review the company’s cost base, performing detailed analysis and recommending improvements.
- Responsible for running and checking the P&L, Balance Sheet and Trial Balance each month in order to ensure all figures balance and are accurate.
- Preparation of the Profit & Loss schedules for Board and Finance Committee meetings.
- Completion of owned balance sheet reconciliations and schedules ensuring any variances are fully investigated and adjustments made accordingly.
- Assist with preparing budget templates and analysis to support budget review meetings.
- Play a part in the interim & main statutory audit by preparing schedules and reconciliations and answering auditor queries.
- To work positively and communicate professionally across the team in order to make an effective contribution to team tasks and team spirit.
- Candidates should have some solid experience from within a finance and accounting department, to ideally include some month end experience.
- The ideal candidate will be degree educated and now embarking on ACCA or CIMA (or equivalent) in the early stages (although school leavers and / or AAT studiers are also welcome to apply)
- The most important things though are: fit, attitude and potential.
- Candidates should be passionate and enthusiastic about what they do; and excited about the opportunity to take the next step in their career (and confident in their ability to do so)
- An interest in Media, especially music, would be very useful, and the company are looking for someone with a personality well suited to a vibrant and outgoing media culture
- High level of computer literacy including proficiency with Excel is requirement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong team player, but the ability to work unsupervised