Our client, a global business, require as assistant project accountant to join their team on an initial 12 month basis. The role, based in West London, will report into the project accountant.
- Code and approve payments, ensuring they are being paid promptly.
- Prepare and post journals for multi project invoices
- Check CIS
- Liaise with site administrator to ensure all invoices are processed in a timely manner
- Resolve any payment issue with the site team
- Project budgets and maintain project financial controls. Ensuring that budgets are in place for all development works and that sign-off is obtained before expenditure is committed.
- Highlight and escalate if there are instances of works commencing without budget approval
- Assist with preparation of monthly accruals and any other reports / information required for month end, half year or year end
- Be a graduate
- Be studying for a finance qualification or have the intention to study
- Understanding of CIS and VAT are an advantage