£17-20 per hour
Leading Property Development Company based in East London is recruiting a Accounts & Billing Analyst to join its Finance team on temporary basis for 6 months. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the key focus of this role is to be responsible for the accurate and timely completion of the tenant utilities billing process, to maximise cost recovery and incremental income whilst identifying any opportunities to improve efficiencies.
• To bill the tenant base for all utilities consumption across the two centres, in a timely and efficient manner on a monthly, quarterly or bi-annual basis as required.
• To provide monthly, quarterly and bi-annual billing reconciliations for each utility as appropriate, with supporting commentary.
• Recording, analysis and management of financial information within the JDE accounting system including preparation of accruals and prepayment schedules within agreed deadlines.
• Analysis and preparation of P&L commentary to identify and explain key variances to budget and forecast in line with Head Office timetables.
• Preparation of monthly and quarterly VAT returns.
• Maintain the TEAM Sigma database to accurately reflect current tenant base, occupancy status including access and close dates, current tariffs.
• To undertake fortnightly meter checks in TEAM database to facilitate the identification of meter issues in a timely manner.
• To assist with the management of investigating and resolving identified meter issues.
• To prepare and maintain consumption reconciliations for all utilities on a monthly basis.
• To ensure all Utility Agreements and deposits are issued and signed prior to tenant access.
• Create and issue accurate Supply Charge Schedules to all current tenants in line with tariff changes.
• Build and manage strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate timely access to information and enable smooth running of the Utilities function.
• Maintain comprehensive process and system notes in order to ensure a complete audit trail.
• Communicate and monitor Centre finance processes and procedures to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Preference to candidates to be educated to Degree level
• Strong analytical experience – can identify, understand and explain data trends and variances with a focus on attention to detail.
• Organisation – able to prioritise, manage workloads and meet set deadlines.
• Proactive – proactive and forward thinking approach with ability to work on own initiative.
• Collaborative and communicative – excellent communication skills; seeks to understand and integrate within the business specialisms.
• Proficient level of IT literacy, including use of accounting systems. JDE & AX experience desirable but not essential.