Our client, a growing technology business, are looking for a bookkeeper to join their team on an initial 3-6 month basis.
The role is a sole role and the responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Processing and paying all company invoices and credit notes, making domestic and international payments and setting up payment reminders
- All HMRC payments including PAYE VAT etc
- Control all aspects of the financial accounts including bank reconciliations and VAT returns ensuring all financial transactions are correctly recorded and anomalies investigated.
- Monitoring the company bank accounts and making regular cash top-ups as required
- Credit control – makings sure all customers remain in terms, ensuring daily sales invoices are raised correctly.
- Stock – Controlling and reconciling stock movements
- Carry out all processing required by Sage including, posting all invoices on Sage Instant Accounts, coding all expenditure, posting actual payment dates of the invoices and ensuring back-ups of work and data.
- Monthly cash flow reporting to monitoring and interpret cash flows predicting future trends.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost reduction opportunities
- Discuss trends, variances, opportunities and potential risks with the Management Team, on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure any audits are managed smoothly create Audit timetable and packs in conjunction with Auditors.
- Develop internal relationships required for Finance to fulfil its duties.
- Develop external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organisations such as the Inland Revenue.
The successful candidate will:
- Be part qualified or newly qualified accountant
- Have a strong knowledge of accounting principles
- Knowledge of SAGE 50 would be advantageous