Fast-growing telecommunications firm is looking for an experienced Business/Data Analyst to be based in its Milton Keynes office. Work from home potential exists, although some office time will be required. This may help those with a long commute to Milton Keynes.
Reporting to the Business Solutions Manager, the Business Analyst will work with multiple stakeholders to define the current and future state of the company’s business process, identifying issues and risks, suggesting mitigation strategies, and driving towards appropriate solutions.
The Business Analyst will work closely with key stakeholders to gather customer requirements, translate them into clear requirements documents, write compelling business cases and proposals, and then working with the appropriate teams to implement those approved and prioritised by the Business.
- Undertake business analysis for assigned projects using a wide range of BA tools and techniques within the FTTH / FTTP / Telecoms sector. Given the nature of the business, these have real range in scope and business function, from IT to Finance and HR, to Construction and Planning
- To challenge and question “as-is” and “to-be” stakeholder requirements to ensure that best practice and efficiency is embedded in all the process designs created by the team.
- Collaborate with all divisions / departments to find alternatives and solutions to business challenges. Seek out systems solutions (either internal to client or external 3rd party solutions) that can be leveraged to meet business requirements. Engage the business client early and effectively building solid relationships and pushing value upstream as key business direction is being set. Identify, understand, negotiate and document business requirements with various groups.
- Assist the Business Solutions Manager in creating internal prioritisation documents and proposals for consideration by the Executive Delivery Board
- Develop and manage direct relationships with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure the business solutions are aligned with their goals and priorities, and, if appropriate how process automation through IT solutions will help them reach their goals.
- Analyse and document requirements and use appropriate techniques to refine, review and validate requirements.
- Ability to see the bigger business picture whilst translating business needs into requirements that are implementable across all business functions
- A talented and experienced Business Analyst who thrives on complex and fluid challenges.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Advanced Excel skills
- Prince 2 and or LEAN practitioner highly desirable
- Telecoms experience highly desirable
- Determined to succeed by driving timely delivery of end-to-end business solutions.
- An accomplished communicator who is used to detailed root cause analysis with solutions driven stakeholders who may be more focused on symptoms.
- Experience within a high growth or high intensity organisation; able to cope with changing priorities, competing deadlines and a shifting field
- Strong negotiation and consensus building skills when dealing with internal customers, stakeholders and team members.
- Ability to understand current/changing business processes, participation in defining application and platform functionality.
- Able to work remotely with minimal supervision
- Strong powers of influence and persuasion
- Ability to constantly re prioritise tasks and work effectively within a pressured environment