Our client, a large growing Healthcare Organisation, require an interim Clinical Procurement Specialist for 6 months. The role will report into the CFO.
- Drive change and support innovative procurement practices to achieve contract compliance and product standardisation which seeks to optimise best value and improve patient care, delivering clinical and commercial benefit.
- To liaise with colleagues at all levels to develop and maintain an interface between procurement and clinical functions throughout the business
- Provide clinical support, education, technical and professional advice to the procurement team and clinical staff at all levels.
- The post holder will have responsibility for developing, engaging staff and implementing a range of protocols, policies and tool kits across all clinical areas/staff groups to support the introduction and comprehensive trial and evaluation of new or replacement consumables.
- The post holder will jointly support clinicians and procurement with contract management reviews and utilise their specialist clinical knowledge to provide the interface between the clinical and procurement functions
- In conjunction with clinicians and departmental colleagues of all levels, reviews product use, product range and product developments ensuring opportunities to consolidate, aggregate and standardise are optimised wherever possible and clinically appropriate.
- Provides specialist nursing/clinical advice and guidance to the procurement team on the use of clinical products and subsequent operational issues faced by stakeholders.
- In conjunction with procurement colleagues assist to identify, calculate and present reports that illustrate opportunities and financial benefits attributed to projects undertaken by the post holder.
- Supports process re-engineering throughout the supply chain to ensure that products meet clinical need at the point of use.
- Provides professional clinical input and advice into the development of commercial strategies and initiatives as required.
- In conjunction with the procurement team drive contract activity and develop effective and auditable product evaluations in support of commercial decisions.
- Identifies where improved patient care or cost efficiencies can be achieved through the rationalisation of products, commodity group or introduction of new products.
- Manages the introduction of new products in relation to clinical consumables ensuring that an objective rationale is applied to clinical governance and value for money issues. Liaises closely with clinical leads.
- Liaises with multi-disciplinary stakeholders at all levels to ensure effective communication and feedback to aid continuous improvement.
- Maintains awareness of current issues in nursing that relate to clinical governance and ensures any implications are highlighted and incorporated into commercial decisions
- Work with the procurement team to manage the transition from one product/ range of products to another in an efficient and effective manner.
- Co-ordinate the implementation of new/replacement consumable products across the Clinic liaising with appropriate stakeholders
- Where required lead the development of implementation plans in conjunction with stakeholders and suppliers.Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Clinical staff, procurement and stores team, external suppliers and our Consultant body.
- Manage stakeholder and senior management expectations in terms of project timelines and delivery dates
- Manage external suppliers to ensure effective business relationships, resulting in improved service levels and costing
- Working with all areas within clinic, engaging with all teams to drive change and support the transformation programme