Commercial Finance Analyst
£65k + benefits
Follow us on LinkedIn for all our latest roles, news and insights
My client are a global marketing company and are looking for a Commercial Analyst to cover maternity for 12 months.
- Records, monitors, interprets and analyses all financial data relating to revenue.
- Provides monthly actual/forecast, budget and long-term planning detail for revenue and bookings.
- Reconciles discrepancies, investigates variances and makes financial recommendations.
- Manages the full month end process for revenue.
- Setting up Revenue Recognition and Deferred Cost Accounting under US GAAP on New Business wins
- Maintaining contract write-ups on new business supporting revenue recognition and deferred cost accounting
- Maintaining and managing the revenue contract system, ensuring contracts are set up correctly so that accounting entries are correctly posted.
- Recording monthly revenue in line with the US revenue recognition rules
- Building, maintaining and monitoring sales performance plans for the Commercial Team in the UK
- Calculating and tracking monthly/quarterly commissions for the Commercial Team
- New Business pricing support on multiple business unit solutions:
- Building a bottom up (cost + target margin) pricing model, ensuring Key Financial Metrics are within acceptable parameters
- Commercial thinker, able to understand and interpret key business drivers
- Understanding of and ability to interpret key financial metrics for business performance evaluation
- Ability to communicate at all levels, including with non-Finance associates essential
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Drive to improve current processes and practices
- Understanding of and ability to interpret US GAAP revenue recognition and cost accounting rules
- Experience in using Salesforce (SFDC) for pipeline tracking etc preferred.
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Qualified (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) Accountant with strong commercial analyst background
- Strong interpersonal skills, adept at liaising at all levels
- Marketing Services Industry Experience Ideal but not essential