Our client are a multi-national consultancy based in Central London and are looking for a commercially focused Finance Controller for 13 months to cover maternity.
- Responsible for the day-to-day activities of the finance function, including deputising for the Finance Director, as and when required.
- Provide ongoing guidance and support to help ensure the company’s plans are viable and in line with financial objectives.
- Key change agent for the business, working closely with other corporate functions, to drive and manage change, i.e. improved effectiveness and development of operations, in order to supports the company’s growth strategy.
- Day to day responsibility for the overall activities and outputs of the finance team members, and assist the Finance Director to improve the team’s skills and capabilities.
- Deliver the business planning process. Add commentary, analysis and insight to the financial information presented to aid in strategic planning and decision making.
- Anticipate and identify emerging risks to financial performance and identify suitable mitigations
- Identify, prioritise and co-ordinate the improvements to processes and systems, in conjunction with other corporate functions, to improve efficiency of the company and ensure systems/processes are fit for purpose and growth.
- Commercial support to the business to Executive members and corporate heads, including bidding and pricing decisions.
- Manage key external relationships with the bank, insurers, tax advisors and auditors.
- Support the Finance Director in implementing the Company’s global tax strategy, including transfer pricing.
- Ensure cash-flow forecasts are prepared to ensure the company and each division has adequate working capital available and to support the most efficient investment of cash, and external financing where required.
- Maintenance of a comprehensive set of controls and budgets that are designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results
- Oversee the UK and International management accounting teams
- ACA qualified accountant
- A broad experience in financial and management accounts.
- Commercially focused
- Able to deal with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills.