Our client, a well known organisation require a company secretary to join their team on an initial 3 month basis. The role is based in West London and has the potential to be extended or even made permanent.
The responsibilities of the role will include but not be limited to:
- Provide high quality professional administrative and company secretarial services within the Company Secretariat, including the management of UK statutory filings and a range of international matters.
- Manage the year end statutory accounts process.
- Act as Secretary to any Board or committee as required.
- Deputise for the Company Secretary – both in committee meetings and elsewhere, as the need arises.
- Working closely with the Company Secretary, the permanent Assistant Company Secretary and the Company Secretarial Assistant to ensure the smooth flow of information to the Boards of the group companies and joint ventures that the Company Secretariat supports.
- Working closely with members of the Company Secretariat to assist in the preparation and collation of Board and Committee packs, usually via Diligent Boards.
- Ensure that all company records on the shared drive and on Blueprint are accurate and up-to-date, are consistently named and properly filed.
- Working closely with the Company Secretarial Assistant to ensure the maintenance of the Blueprint OneWorld company secretarial records and that any changes are recorded promptly.
- Management and maintenance of the company’s register of powers of attorney, parent company guarantees, authorised signatories, authorised representatives and charges etc.
The successful candidate will likely have the following skills/experience:
- Computer literate with specific experience of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio),
- Strong working knowledge of relevant Company Secretarial software – Blueprint or Secretariat and Diligent Boards.
- A chartered secretary who holds the designation of ACIS or higher.
- Methodical and organised with an attention to detail.
- Strong planning skills and the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written skills.
- Experience of working in a fast moving environment, operating under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Two years’ experience of working with senior managers and Directors.