Fast Growing Telecommunications business in Central London is looking for an experienced Cost Accountant to join its busy and dynamic finance team.
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager, the role will have responsibility for the reporting, forecasting and accuracy of capital costs. You will also assist with month end reporting, carry out reconciliations, attend team meetings and work collaboratively with a number of internal teams, particularly Procurement.
* Act as the primary contact with the in-City project team to understand project profiles from a cost and delivery perspective
* Business partner with the in-City quantity surveyors ensuring accuracy of capital costs and associated cash flows
* Develop, maintain and enhance timely, accurate, and useful financial reporting for projects within area of responsibility
* Ensure accurate and timely financial records are kept for relevant projects
* Ensure monthly variances on projects actual spend and movements in forecast outturn costs are understood
* Assisting with the preparation of City budgets and rolling forecasts
* Explanation of Operational KPI’S and cost and variance analysis
* Support the Senior Finance Manager in ensuring a high level of financial control is in place
* Knowledge in cost management and/or experience in other areas of project control
* Qualified or part-qualified ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
* Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft office
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Strong analysis skills and problem-solving ability
* Team player ability and approachable nature