Our client, a listed business, are looking for a Deputy Group Financial Controller to join their team to cover maternity. The role will last initially for 10 months and is based in the Hemel Hempstead area.
Reporting into the Group Financial Controller the responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Support the Group FC in the leadership and management of all Group financial activities, with particular responsibility for technical accounting, risk and tax.
- Work closely with the Group’s FP&A manager to ensure there is a robust framework in place to support reporting requirements.
- Lead the process of monthly reporting in the consolidation system including review of financial information submitted and work with the FP&A manager to ensure accurate monthly management accounts are delivered in a timely manner.
- Take responsibility for all day to day Corporate/plc accounting matters, including the review and submission of budget, forecasts and strategic plan for the Corporate/plc entity, and liaising with the Executive team members to ensure timely review of their cost centre budgets/forecasts and overall review with the Group CFO.
- Lead and deliver the half year and year end reporting processes, ensuring accurate financial reporting output in accordance with IFRS in line with the Group’s reporting timelines. This includes taking ownership for the preparation and review of the Group’s financial statements and supporting note disclosures for inclusion in the Annual Report and Accounts and interim/preliminary announcements.
- Management of the Group’s half year and year-end audit process to ensure a smooth and timely conclusion with no material disagreements on policy or accounting adjustments.
- Responsibility for 2 direct reports
To be considered for the role, candidates must have:
- High calibre qualified accountant with at least 5 years PQE, with a minimum of 2 years in a similar role
- Recent experience in a similar role within a listed plc organisation, with ability to quickly adapt to the responsibilities of this role
- Excellent technical accounting expertise and knowledge of IFRS and the tax requirements of a listed group
- Practical knowledge and experience of Group/consolidation reporting processes
- Have excellent IT skills, particularly in MS Office (proficiency in MS Excel required). Past use of or knowledge of SAP or SAP BPC is an advantage but not a requirement