My client is a property development company and are looking for a Finance Analyst for 18 months.
Key Objectives of the role:
- Reporting to the General Manager Commercial within the Operating Management department, you will be responsible for the management of the utilities metering networks across both shopping centres.
- Preparation of annual budgeting and re-forecasting for all utility businesses and conduct monthly P&L reviews, assisting with the Business Plan, and any required audits.
- To work closely with the Management teams, Finance team, Commercial Analysis team, Facilities team and third party contractors to ensure billing is delivered and the metering network and data is maintained, and to resolve to mitigate any downtime or loss of data.
- Utilising your analytical skills and project management skills, you will be required to support the team in identifying/evaluating various opportunities to maximise cost recovery and incremental income whilst ensuring problems are quickly identified and resolved in a timely manner
- Management of the utilities billing process, working closely with the billing accounts administrator to review all billing outputs.
- Identify and resolve billing and metering issues in a timely manner to maximise income and cost recovery.
- Manage and deliver annual budgeting and re-forecasting for all utility businesses and conduct monthly P&L reviews, whilst also assisting with the Business Plan delivery.
- Manage relationships with internal customers to ensure timely and effective support for utilities initiatives.
- Coordinate third party contractors to resolve metering issues and carry out project works.
- Operation and testing of utilities billing systems, working closely with and managing the external system developers and liaising with central IT.
- Analysis and evaluation of utilities usage, including reporting to aid in achieving efficiencies.
- Provide utilities related analytical support to stakeholders including the Commercial Analyst, Centre Facilities Managers and the Development and Construction team as required.
- Occasionally assist in supporting the Centre Finance Manager with Centre specific tasks which may include service charge, capex, month-end tasks.
- Project management of key opportunities to maximise income growth and cost recovery relating to utilities.
- Preparation of business case proposals for new projects and system improvements.
- Assist in the development of Operating Procedures for the department as required.
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Degree qualified with relevant business experience you will have a history of ‘project based’ review and analysis of new commercial ideas, as well as a history in supporting senior management in making day to day operating decisions by providing insight into the financial and commercial implications of those decisions. As such, previous experience in an analytical role is necessary.
- You will also have had exposure to financial reporting.
- Experience in project management of the delivery of new commercial initiatives is also favoured, but not essential.
- Please note this will not suit applicants looking for a traditional management accounting/corporate accounting role.
- Previous experience in UK Retail Property or Utilities sectors would be favoured.
- Understanding of the UK Energy Market would be favoured, however, is not essential.
- Strong spreadsheet and modelling skills are required.
- Sound commercial experience.