Leading Management Consultancy based in Central London, is looking for a bright and enthusiastic finance junior, to join their finance team as a Finance Assistant, dealing primarily with Sales Ledger and Credit Control. The successful candidate will likely be looking for their 2nd role in Finance.
Reporting to the Sales Ledger Manager, in a finance team of c.10, duties will include:
- Credit Control including assisting at monthly Credit Control meetings with BU heads and distributing client statements at month end
- Project Maintenance including setting up new projects and entering budgets on the accounting system
- Accurate drafting, processing, and posting of Sales invoices
- Managing the UK sales ledger and reviewing the UK Aged Debtors listing on a regular basis, investigating aged/debit balances and performing Client statement reconciliations
- Liaising with external debtors and internal consultants as required.
- Ensuring Accounts Receivable month-end close is performed on a timely and accurate basis
- Serving as a point of contact with the consultancy business for resolution of Accounts Receivable queries
- Dealing with general queries received through the Finance helpdesk
- Assisting in the preparation of the daily cashbook for allocation of AR receipts
- The successful candidate will have a small amount of finance experience, looking for their 2nd role. Some Credit Control experience would be highly desirable, but is not essential – any finance experience will be considered.
- Candidates must be confident and outgoing, as this role will involve a lot of communication with people, both internal and external to the business, over the phone and face to face
- Candidates must be passionate about a career in finance and be currently studying (or looking to start) AAT, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent
- Preference for candidates educated to degree level
- Strong IT skills, especially Excel
- Team player, but ability to work alone
- Ability to use own initiative
- Self-motivated and ambitious (the company offers realistic career progression potential)
The successful candidate will receive study support.