Leading Property Management company based in London’s Square Mile, is looking for a Qualified Business Partner to join its large and busy finance team.
The role will report to the Head of Property and Capital Finance.
* Specialised role delivering high quality finance partnering to Asset Management, covering all financial aspects of the company’s property portfolio.
* Support the Data Analysts in developing Asset Management reporting packs and portfolio reporting dashboards.
* Support the Asset Management management accounting and reporting function nationally.
* Responsible for reporting on the financial impact of vacant space policy, management of IAP performance tracking and acting as Data Improvement Lead for the team.
* Contribute to and support centrally managed elements of the company planning cycle (Budgets and Forecasts).
* Provide analysis and review to support internal and external benchmarking of Asset Management financial performance.
Key duties and responsibilities of the role
- Assist Asset Management team with monthly financial performance monitoring to focus on key areas of the business (rent, service charge, insurance and leasehold depreciation).
- Update the Management Accounting SSC team, selected third party advisors and the zone finance teams of property activity that will have an impact on their performance and ensure all provisions and accruals held by the Financial Accounting team are updated to reflect the activity.
- Review performance of consolidated profit centres against budget for all Asset Management income and cost elements. Perform variance and reporting analysis and report issues to the relevant Budget Holder.
- Support the monthly analysis and commentary around the Asset Management I&E at zone and national level.
- Work with third party advisors to verify the data that they hold is accurate and update them regularly on all changes to the portfolio.
- Assist the Property Finance Manager in developing and implementing a long term (3 year) asset forecasting model, to include asset acquisitions, lease transfers and disposals.
- Assist the Zone Finance teams in reviewing property profitability to ensure the company fully recovers property costs through billing.
- All proposed Asset Management activity will require a financial appraisal to identify and highlight key financial risks, value for money and any areas of concern. Where funding is a limited resource you will be working with the Asset Management team to identify what activity should proceed on a financial return basis.
- Financial appraisal models need to be tested with the support of the Evaluation and Analytics team. The assumptions within the models will need rigorous testing and monitoring to satisfy financial risks. You will need to analyse and interpret financial information for each Asset Management transaction and communicate the financial returns to all key stakeholders.
- To develop, implement and maintain robust and accurate disposal, acquisition and asset management activity cash flow forecasts
- The post holder will communicate financial data to groups of senior managers and external stakeholders, advising on financial issues to non- financial managers. The post holder will be able to communicate this in such a way as it is understood clearly by all parties.
- Work with the Management Accounting SSC team to ensure the financial models are operating correctly and reflecting the current and accurate financial position per cost centre.
- The role is responsible for advising budget holders on the financial implications of property management activity accurately conveying an understanding of consequences, often providing this information to a large audience including a majority of non-finance managers.
- Qualified, ideally ACA. ACCA, CIMA or equivalent also considered
- The ideal candidates will have qualified in a large established Accounting Practice
- Industry qualified candidates will also be considered, especially those from Property
- Analytical / investigative experience required
- Excellent communications skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Confident approach, hardworking and committed
- Time-management, prioritisation, organisation skills
- Enthusiasm, determination, self-motivation