Follow us on LinkedIn for all our latest roles, news and insights
Our client are a multi-national media company and are looking for an Interim Finance Controller to cover maternity.
- Reporting into the Chief Financial Officer this role has responsibility for the majority of the Finance Team including 2 direct reports with a team of 10. A key element of this role will be the ability to provide strong leadership to the team during the interim period, using experience to provide support and guidance across the remit of the Finance Team.
- The role will have overall responsibility for the operations of the Finance Department whilst ensuring the Chief Financial Officer is regularly appraised of key issues, risks and performance against both personal and team targets.
- The role will need to work closely with the Head of Finance Transformation in ensuring a seamless link between shared and independent responsibilities. Of particular importance will be the implementation of changes to system, process, policy and controls.
- You will need to work closely with the Executive Managers and Heads of Departments across the business in order to maintain control over company budget and strategic financial plans to ensure we maximise revenue paid . Also important is the ability to proactively support the ongoing improvement of business practices and performance across the team.
- You will work co-operatively and positively with all other internal support departments and external contact will be with Auditors, Bankers, Suppliers, Finance Members & other relevant professionals within the industry
- People management experience. You need to add value through being that senior point of escalation underneath the CFO. You must have substantial experience in running finance teams.
- You will need to have worked as a number two in finance. This is not an opportunity for someone to step up
- You will need to be able to hit the ground running with excellent technical ability with broad skills on both sides of finance.