Large and dynamic Central London based Social Housing Association is looking for an experienced and qualified Finance Manager to join its Financial Control team.
Reporting to the Head of Finance Control (Operations), the role sits within a team of 15, as part of the Finance Operations directorate of c.75 (the finance team in total comprises in excess of 150 staff). The successful candidate will be one of 6 Finance Managers reporting to the Head of Finance in the team, and will be responsible for accounting for 30+ leagal entities under UK GAAP and SORP.
- To effectively and proactively lead, manage and motivate the team ensuring that there is a
culture of high performance, strong engagement and a commitment to continual
- To establish and implement effective working arrangements & practices to ensure a
consistent level of service delivery in line with the business plan.
- To prepare, monitor and deliver individual and team targets/budgets.
- Take a leading role in the coordination of finance processes across the finance directorate . Put in place procedures for all general ledger processing across the finance directorate.
- Implement new finance systems and processes as new technology is introduced, ensuring operational requirements are met
- To take a leading role in the coordination of finance processes across the finance directorate
- To work collaboratively with other finance managers to coordinate core financial operating
- To monitor use of procedures to ensure transactions are processed correctly and there is
complete and continuous flow between teams
- To ensure the provision of excellent customer service and experience to all stakeholders in
order to maximise customer satisfaction.
- Ensure all internal and external reporting deadlines are met
- To manage the delivery of the continuous internal audit in collaboration with Governance
and internal audit team
- Establish and monitor controls to ensure high data quality, accurate ledgers and compliance
with the company financial and operating regulations.
- Continually review and improve systems and processes, working in a collaborative manner
across teams and departments and maintaining a positive approach to change at all times
Assist in producing narrative and commentary reports for the Executive Team, Committees
- To improve the month end reporting process – efficiency, timeliness and value add
- Contribute to monthly analysis of results providing meaningful commentary
- Contribute to the annual audit and year-end process
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent) with solid PQE experience
- Solid financial accounting / reporting experience essential, including extensive knowledge of UK GAAP and awareness of current developments
- Staff management experience preferable but not essential
- Experience from a large multi-entitied business essential
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. This role requires cross functional collaboration across the business.
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills.
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets