Exciting and growing digital Media company based in London’s thriving West End is looking for an outgoing and experienced Accountant to join its dynamic Finance team as the Financial Accountant and Tax Manager.
Reporting into the Financial Controller in the finance team of 12, duties will include:
The Financial Accountant and Tax Manager will be responsible for assisting in the monthly close process for the UK and Benelux Business Units. This will include the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports along with detailed analysis as required by the business units or the US parent. In addition, the successful candidate will have overall responsibility for the timely and accurate filing of all VAT and Indirect tax returns for the UK and EU jurisdictions and for providing support to the senior finance team on all tax matters and projects. The role also requires close working with budget holders and managers to provide business, strategic and commercial advice.
- Assist the Finance Manager in the monthly close process for UK & Benelux business units. This will include the preparation of periodic (monthly, quarterly, annual) financial reports, special analysis, and information reports as required by the UK/European business and the US parent.
- Assist in preparation of the annual statutory accounts.
- Provide input to the preparation of annual budget and the performance of variance analysis against the annual budget/forecast.
- Ensure appropriate records are maintained in accordance with auditing standards.
- Review the periodic documentation of accruals: PP, returns, stock, etc.
- Tax accounting & periodic tax returns
- Preparation and filing of all VAT and other indirect tax returns for UK & Benelux businesses.
- Review tax returns for other EU territories.
- Respond to tax audits as they may arise across Europe.
- Communicating with the US tax team to ensure that international consolidated tax provision data is provided in line with the timetable for preparation of worldwide US GAAP based income tax provision
- Approve monthly tax and other journal entries in general ledger
- Responsible for progressing and closing all tax enquiries relating to annual accounts, transfer pricing and other matters.
- Intrasat EC Sales List
- Supporting senior European finance team in developing and delivering the businesses tax strategy.
- Financial governance
- Participate in updating, reviewing and documenting UK’s financial policies and procedures, with particular emphasis on tax related matters.
- Taking responsibility for the accuracy of the tax accounting and control information held within and reported from the accounting systems.
- Continuous review of tax and financial control information systems and procedures, implementing improvements across the business and working with colleagues across the business to ensure consistency of ways of working.
- Ensuring accuracy of all tax and related information held within other departments
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Part/Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a numerate discipline
- As a minimum the successful candidate should have solid financial accounting / reporting experience
- Experience of planning, analysis, management accounting, budgeting and forecasting would also be useful, but is not a requirement
- Experience of direct and indirect corporate tax accounting would be beneficial but not essential
- Experience of working with and supporting operational and commercial teams highly beneficial
- Whilst media experience isn’t a requirement, candidates should be friendly and outgoing, and excited about the opportunity of joining and contributing to a vibrant and fun media environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills