A medium sized Management Consultancy firm, based in Central London, is currently looking to recruit an Analyst. You will be working on projects of various sizes within external clients, along side: Partners, Consultants and the wider business to provide key analysis, models and reports.
- Building financial models and develop business cases which are easily explained and can be handed over for use by non finance
- Financial statement/management report analysis
- Structuring and producing reports to present and summarise the outcomes of analysis work in an easily digestible format, for use at a working level with clients and consultants
- Research to establish as-is financial baseline of client’s situation.
- Supporting the project team and lead consultant by developing financial reports, financial analyses and business case financial models
- Undertaking investment appraisals and building knowledge of non-financial analyses e.g. operational, commercial, and strategic – in a wide variety of situations and organisations.
- Operating independently with external clients, initiating and forming relationships with key members of the project and relevant business function e.g. finance, sales etc.
- Supporting the Head of Strategic Finance with the internal promotion of the function’s capability to consultants and partners
- Responsibility for the technical modelling aspects of business cases, taking them from inception to completion
- ACA Qualified or equivalent with a university degree (2.1 or above)
- Experience in a client facing analytical role – experience of financial / business modelling essential
- Professional Services / Consultancy / Accounting Practice background preferred
- The ideal candidate will have qualified in Audit but since moved into a Transactional Services/Corporate Finance/Advisory/M&A role, and is now looking for a first analytical role outside of Practice
- Excellent Microsoft Excel experience (able to build financial models)
- Strong interpersonal skills: must be able to communicate effectively and confidently with colleagues and junior to middle ranking people in client organisations
- Ability to break down problems and think conceptually
- High attention to detail and able to work to tight deadlines
- Flexible and willing to undertake a wide variety of challenging tasks with high energy
Collaborative working style
Examples of specific experience that would be very useful:
- Basic business case development
- Auditing of excel based models
- Financial statement analysis, including Gap analysis
- Working capital, net debt and EBITDA analysis
- Financial ratio analysis
- Cost benefit analysis
- Investment appraisal, e.g. payback period, IRR, discounted cash flows, NPV
- Valuation concepts & techniques e.g. WACC, net assets, DCF, intangible assets, equity method etc.