My client is looking for a FP&A Manager reporting directly to the VP of Finance to join the team at its Central London office. In this role, you will lead all aspects of FP&A activities (reporting, planning, forecasting and analysis) and provide financial support to our Senior Leadership Team. This position is for qualified accountants with an entrepreneurial self-starter mind set with a degree in Finance, Mathematics or similar analytical degree.
The FP&A Manager should be an organized individual with numerical and data processing skills, strong interpersonal skills, independence, initiative and a sense of productive empathy and have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines and have experience of running a team.
You will work closely with many parts of the organization, including product, technology, marketing, client success and the rest of the sales teams to accomplish aggressive goals that will keep business growing, innovating and staying at the forefront of our industry.
What You’ll Do
- Understand revenue and profitability performance and key drivers.
- Setting and reviewing of monthly and weekly KPIs
- Monitor, report and evaluate sales performance.
- Ownership of Global Sales commissions and bonus plans.
- Develop dynamic pricing models to support commercial objectives and ensure acceptable economic returns.
- Provide explanations and advice from commercial and financial data in terms of growing the business, margins and cost reduction.
- Review sales contracts.
- Support Commercial teams with analysis, contract preparations, negotiations and pricing.
- Work with management to develop 1 and 3+ year plans monitoring progress against these.
- Analyse complex data sets in order to support the above.
- Financial Accounting/reporting including Revenue and Cost Recognition in line with businesses Accounting policy.
- Revenue and Cost forecasting.
- Assisting with the yearly audit.
- Lead ad hoc financial analysis projects and building new business cases.
- Summarize key findings in a clear and simple manner and producing month end corporate board slides.
- Understand and review / liaise with Commercial teams on all aspects of the customer P&L.
- You will be working closely with the Sales team to contribute relevant and correct information for negotiations to meet client needs and budgets while considering profitability and the company’s other interests.
- Identify and lead sustainable initiatives to improve the quality and timeliness of information provided to drive business performance.
- Coach, guide and mentor the FP&A team of 2 to support their ongoing development and progression as skilled financial professionals.
- Qualified Accountant – ACA / CIMA / ACCA 3+ years in FP&A
- Numerical and data processing skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, independence, initiative and a sense of productive empathy.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy environment.
- Strong knowledge of management information systems (Excel to advanced level).
- Computer literate.
- Pricing/bid experience.
- Sales Commissions experience.
- Service industry experience (not manufacturing).
- Dedication to meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility.
- The ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
- Outstanding organizational skills, conscientiousness and proactivity.
- Microsoft Dynamics and basic SQL experience would be a plus.
- BI tool experience.
- Desire to progress a career within finance.
- Experience in running and motivating a team.