Well-established Property Investment Management company is looking for an experienced Financial/Fund Accountant to join its professional but relaxed Finance team.
The role is a wide ranging position covering a number of functions in a small team and requires an individual who is flexible, hardworking and willing to undertake a varied level of tasks.
The team manage the accounting and administration for an authorised OEIC which has four sub funds, three being property funds (operating under the Property Authorised Investment Fund tax regime) and a securities fund.
- Preparation of half and full year financial accounts under UK GAAP and IMA SORP, including liaising the funds’ auditors, and completing within specified timeframes.
- Reviewing the daily journals of the Fund Administrators.
- Reviewing NAV per share calculation for funds with multi share classes.
- Assisting team with complex calculations and spreadsheets.
- Preparing monthly management account pack for the depositary including balance sheet review and reconciliation.
- Preparation of relevant tax returns including monthly VAT returns.
- Liaising with the Acquisitions team and the depositary for Property acquisitions and sales.
- Regular monitoring of fund compliance with Prospectus, FCA Rules and, if applicable, loan covenant tests.
- Calculation of actual and forecast performance returns.
- Fund distribution calculations.
- Fund reporting including board pack, cash forecasts, Data Vendor information and investor fund documents.
- Liaising with lawyers, property managing agents and other professional advisers.
- Updating and maintaining the fund’s procedures manual.
- The role will include liaising with major stakeholders, senior management, the fund depositary, custodian, board and external auditors. Therefore applicants will have good communication skills and the ability to proactively contribute to the firm.
- The successful candidate will ideally be a qualified accountant, however experienced final stage Part qualified accountants and QBEs are welcome to apply.
- Ideally candidates will have worked with property funds, however candidates from any industry / sector may apply provided they are in possession of excellent technical financial accounting experience.
- Candidates must be highly numerate, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong excel knowledge is essential for this role.