A well respected technology/marketing business based in West London requires a German Speaking Senior Accountant to join their finance team
Role Responsibilities –
- Ensure proper processing of daily transactions in the general ledger for all EMEA entities.
- Assist department managers with ensuring all purchase requisitions are reviewed for policy compliance and general ledger coding prior to entry into the accounting system.
- Responsible for timely completion of balance sheet reconciliations for all EMEA entities in accordance with closing schedule on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for preparation of lead schedules for month-end review.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely completion of all cash reconciliations at the end of each month.
- Responsible for month end accruals into general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Work with the Tax Department to provide information and guidance for VAT accruals and payments.
- Assist with analytical review of period results
- Responsible for preparation of audited accounts for the entities.
- Responsible for preparation of CIT return for the entities.
- Responsible for contacts with local tax and other local authorities.
- Responsible for preparation of local statistical information as required by local authorities.
- Assist other team members with system or policy issues.
- Assist with requests from internal and external auditors.
- Assist with informational requests from Tax Department.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with Sarbanes Oxley key controls in areas of responsibility.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Must meet monthly, quarterly and annual closing deadlines.
- Assist with other special projects as needed.
Candidate Requirements –
- 2+ years relevant experience required
- Accounting qualification required
- German Accounting experience required
- English and German language skill required
- Having worked in Germany is a Plus
- Ability to consistently meet departmental deadlines
- Timely follow-up and completion of assigned tasks
- High Proficiency Microsoft Excel Required
- Experience with JD Edwards