Our client, a large housing association, are looking for a Head of Finance to join their team on an initial 4 month basis. The role, reporting into the Finance Director, will be based in Central London and manage a team of 3 business partners.
The responsibilities will include and not be limited to:
- To effectively and proactively lead, manage and motivate the Finance Business Partners within the Landlord, Care & Communities Finance Service ensuring that there is a culture of high performance, strong engagement and a commitment to continual improvement.
- In conjunction with the Head of Finance Integration, develop and implement an integration plan that brings together and optimises the processes, systems and policies within agreed timescales.
- To ensure the production of accurate, reliable and timely financial information and analysis that helps the Care and Communities Directorate to strategically manage their business.
- To be an active and valued member of Directorate’s Management Team, ensuring that financial issues are embedded into the Directorate’s way of working.
- To lead by example in seeking to continually drive efficiencies in the way in which Finance delivers its service.
- To be the Finance Lead on strategic project teams and Entity Boards where appropriate.
- Take ownership of data quality within core Finance systems to ensure the accuracy and reliability of business reporting and financial insight and analysis.
- To oversee and uphold an effective and stable control environment that adheres to Group policies whilst not acting as a burden to business processes.
- Provide access to expert advice and support to stakeholders, both internal and external.
- To ensure there is an effective budget setting and forecasting culture in place across the Care & Communities directorate.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified accountant with significant post qualified experience
- Have up to date knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
- Have prior experience of managing business partners