Leading Media company based in the heart of London’s West End is looking for an experienced Internal Auditor to join they dynamic finance team in a newly created role as Risk and Assurance Manager.
The company is in the process of developing a risk management and assurance function and the Risk and
Assurance Manager, reporting into the Head of Finance Transformation, will play a leading role in
The Risk and Assurance Manager will be responsible for leading the development of a robust risk management framework as well as developing and delivering the annual audit plan to provide assurance over the financial and operational control environment.
They will also seek to add value through promoting an effective risk and control environment by supporting the business with other ad hoc projects, such as investigations and advisory services.
The Risk and Assurance Manager will need to work closely with the rest of the business to perform their role and there will be external contact with the company’s auditors, bankers, suppliers and other relevant professionals.
- Lead the development and implementation of the internal audit strategy for both the Finance department and the wider business, ensuring that it is in line with overall company goals and objectives.
- Develop the annual internal audit plan and ensure its delivery on budget and to the agreed timelines.
- Assess the organization’s ongoing management of risk by evaluating the quality of the risk management policy, processes and systems of internal control
- Assist management with the improvement of the control environment by designing and supporting the delivery of improved controls and ensuring these controls are adhered to across all relevant systems and processes
- Ideally possess an internal audit qualification (CIA MIA PIA etc), however ACCA, ACA or CIMA quals will also be considered
- Solid Internal Audit experience is essential
- Extensive experience of conducting risk reviews and managing internal audits end to end including the following:
- Developing audit plans and scoping documents
- Identifying key risks and controls
- Producing high quality outputs and reports
- Presenting findings to senior management
- Ability to coordinate multiple workflows and internal resources to ensure work is delivered to agreed timelines.
- Ability to develop strong relationships at all levels across the business, particularly senior managers and external partners.
- A high level of computer literacy, including Microsoft Excel and Word and the ability to use these applications to produce high quality and clear documents.
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- Professional, committed and organised approach to work with a drive for results.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills combined with attention to detail.
- Should be resilient and have the ability to work through problems in a positive and constructive manner.