Management Accountant / Finance Manager
£350-400 Per Day
Follow us on LinkedIn for all our latest roles, news and insights
My client are a multi-national management consultancy based in Central London and are looking for a Management Accountant/Finance Manager for 4 months.
- Responsibility for the production of monthly management accounts for five business units, including commentary and analysis;
- Working with Corporate heads to monitor corporate spend vs budget, and support in the production of quarterly and annual forecasts for the corporate divisions
- Managing the working capital position of the UK, Italy and India divisions, primarily through monthly WIP meetings and active financial management of larger projects;
- Ensure Finance remains visible and integrated with the business, providing support and challenge to key stakeholders as and when required;
- Understanding the varying needs and contrasting levels of support required for the UK and Corporate divisions.
- Engage with and clearly explain financial analysis and performance to both finance and non-finance staff
- You will need to be an approachable advisor, confident in coaching and assisting team members with their daily tasks, such as the cash flow forecast, monthly journals and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Support to the international finance staff when required to ensure consistency and continuity of finance procedures across the group;
- Coaching and motivating the team to achieve their best;
- Ability to review the work of others and operate with a high level of attention to detail
- Corporation tax and VAT knowledge, owning ad-hoc tax queries, tax payments and the preparation of quarterly/annual returns including the R&D claim as well as any tax audits;
- Undertaking any other duties relevant to the key tasks and responsibilities identified by the Group Commercial Controller or Finance Business Partner
- Collaborating with the business and other finance team members on the annual and quarterly forecasting process for the UK and Corporate divisions.
- Taking responsibility for preparation of the monthly management accounts and corresponding commentary on performance and KPIs for the UK divisions, obtaining inputs from team members and the business on a timely basis in order to ensure that the month end process is efficient and delivered on time
- Have experience in a similar finance function role, ideally within a professional services environment.
- Be a recently qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA, or equivalent preferred).
- Have excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Be able to effectively prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Have strong skills in MS Excel.
- Previous experience of Agresso or another ERP system would be an advantage