My client is a multi-national management consultancy based in Central London. My client is looking for a Management Accountant for initially 6 months.
- Responsibility for the production of UK Advisory and UK Planning monthly management accounts, commentary and analysis
- Working with Corporate heads to monitor corporate spend vs budget, and support in the production of quarterly and annual forecasts for the corporate divisions
- Managing the working capital position of divisions, primarily through monthly WIP meetings and active financial management of larger projects
- Managing the production of weekly cash-flow statements and forecasts for the following four weeks
- To act as a trusted advisor to colleagues both within and outside of the finance team.
- Ensure Finance remains visible and integrated with the business, providing support and challenge to key stakeholders as and when required
- Understanding the varying needs and contrasting levels of support required for the UK and Corporate divisions.
- Engage with and clearly explain financial analysis and performance to both finance and non-finance staff, including providing formal training to consultants.
- First point of contact for, and the first reviewer of work performed by, the team members in the UK Finance function.
- Consolidation of the group’s results and preparation of the Statutory Accounts in line with UK GAAP accounting standards.
- Maintaining a strong internal control environment, ensuring all transactions are correctly accounted for and identifying opportunities for improvement in our systems
- Taking responsibility for preparation of the monthly management accounts and corresponding commentary on performance and KPIs for the divisions and obtaining inputs from team members and the business on a timely basis in order to ensure that the month end process is efficient and delivered on time
- Have experience in a similar finance function role, ideally within a professional services environment.
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA, or equivalent) with at least one year’s experience post qualification experience.
- Have excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Be able to effectively prioritise and meet deadlines.