Our client, a global business, are looking for a production accountant to join their team on an initial 3 month basis.
The role, based in Central London, will report into the finance manager and the responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Budgeting and Forecasting:
* Provide information, analysis and supporting commentary to Centre of Excellence teams, budget holders and regional management. Work closely with and influence budget holders to help drive business performance and decision making
* Review short term plans for divisional continuous cost centres and programme projects
- Accounting and Reporting:
* Undertake budgetary review and update forecasts for continuous cost centres and programme projects
* Assist in balance sheet reporting
* Provide insightful commentary and analysis to Centre of Excellence process teams in respect of financial reporting and accounting
* Monitor, and report actual expenditure against set budget
- Controls and Compliance:
* Apply best practice to suggestions and recommendations to improve services
* Undertake quality management of own work and the work of others
* Improve the efficiency and controls finance processes, methodologies and environments
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified, or studying towards being a qualified, accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Significant experience of delivering a high quality accounting and reporting service.
- Knowledge of the theory and practical application of accounting principles and controls.