Follow us on LinkedIn for all our latest roles, news and insights
US-owned, global Blue Chip in the Telecommunications sector is looking for a high calibre qualified Accountant to join its dynamic and professional EMEA Financial Reporting team.
The role reports to the Snr Finance Manager in the Financial Reporting team of c.30, as part of a wider EMEA Finance Division of c.150.
As a Senior Accountant you will be responsible for and engage with internal stakeholders covering US GAAP (Opex) and Local reporting for several entities, mainly within the UK entity, working closely with the Lead Accountant and FP&A to ensure timely and accurate monthly reporting under tight deadlines.
The successful Senior Accountant day to day duties will include:
* Monthly accounting and reporting responsibilities under US GAAP and statutory reporting under local GAAP (IFRS and UK) for several entities, mainly within our large UK entity
* Preparation of monthly variance commentary for accounting movements (p/l and b/s)
* Preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations, as per the Group timetable using Blackline
* Providing support to the annual US GAAP audit and quarterly review processes
* Close liaison with EMEA FP&A to assist with commentary against forecast for key Opex accounting areas
* Close working with the EMEA Tax team on annual tax computations, CIS returns, VAT Returns, ad-hoc VAT issues and preparing quarterly forecasting
* Working with Internal Audit on queries; with Procurement and AP to ensure consistency of accounting and clean balance sheet monthly positions
* Assisting the Lead Accountant, Senior Managers and VP Controller EMEA with ad-hoc projects
* ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified preferable.
* Experience within a similarly sized entity or from a medium-large accounting firm
* Strong knowledge of core accounting principles
* Commercially astute
* Good planning / time management skills
* Motivation to succeed in a fast-paced environment
* Experience of SAP would be advantageous
* IFRS and or US GAAP reporting experience
* Microsoft Office – intermediate or advanced Excel skills
* Candidate should be ambitious and hard-working, with strong attention to detail and good communication skills
* A team player, self-motivated with a hands-on approach to getting things done and seeking continuous process improvement