Our client is seeking an Interim Shared Services Manager to join their team on a temporary basis. This role is for 4 months and you will report into Head of Operations.
Duties will include, but not be limited to;
- Relationship management across the organisation to ensure there is interaction between business areas and stakeholders
- Lead on all training around purchase ordering, invoice processing and related web cycle and cockpit processing to ensure the Purchase to Pay function is operating effectively
- Keep abreast of system and process developments. Having identified areas of innovation, work with IBM and IT to investigate and implement the required changes to deliver exceptional transaction processing
- Work with the Director of Financial Operations on any outsourcing projects, domestically or for the international offices, to ensure we apply best practice across the business.
- Ensure disputes or any failure in the process is resolved quickly as per company and business policy
- Ensure best practice is adopted in respect of the selling and purchasing functions across the company with a view to optimising cash flow and working capital management.
- Responsible for processing all emergency payment and one-time vendor payment requests to the satisfaction of the business and suppliers
- Support the business in raising accurate purchase orders
- Support the Director of Financial Operations on relevant internal and external audits to ensure we are able to get the appropriate sign-off by the company’s auditors
- Support the Director of Financial Operations on all relevant Acquisitions/Disposals/new offices & lines of business to facilitate the appropriate review, re-design and implementation of processes from an Accounts Payables/Accounts Receivables perspective and roll out of relevant accounting policies and procedures to conform to local statutory and operational requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of the mechanics of Accounts Payables/Accounts Receivables functions, preparation and review of balance sheet reconciliations, sales tax legislation, accounting entries.
- Experienced in a commercial environment preferably in the media industry
- Experienced in a transactional finance field would be highly advantageous
- Confident and flexible team player with the ability to influence and persuade at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and organisational skills.