Halliday Marx have exclusively partnered with an exciting, rapidly expanding Financial Services firm to recruit a new part Qualified Assistant Accountant.
This company are leaders in their field and great to work for. Make no mistake this is a brilliant role for someone looking to qualify in the next year or two. This broad role will offer provide full study support to become Qualified ACCA or CIMA.
- Manage month end process, reporting to Management Accountant.
- Preparation of month end reporting P&L and Balance Sheet
- Prepare, review and post journals to general ledger.
- Perform bookkeeping and prepare periodic management reports
- Oversight of invoice recording, approval, payment process.
- Assist with processing payments.
- Daily Client Money reconciliation.
- Reconcile broker postings and margin payments.
- Daily reconciliations
- Assist with monthly regulatory returns
- Ad-hoc tasks
- Have a full understanding of double entry.
- Be currently studying for ACA or ACCA or CIMA
- Excellent communication skills and ability to liaise with colleagues from all areas of the business.
- Desire to learn and develop understanding in the financial services industry.
- Currently be working as an Assistant Accountant or similar, preferably within financial/professional services.
- Ideally have Sun systems experience