My client is a media company and are looking for an Assistant Management Accountant to join the team.
- Timely monthly completion of the company management accounts with responsibility for accurate revenue and cost recognition.
- Maintain revenue contracts and analyse variances to budget by providing summarised information for management decision making purposes.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate cost reports in order to track and understand actual costs versus budget and revised forecast.
- Attend meetings with budget holders to ensure effective two-way communication regarding budgets and forecasts.
- Ensure budget holders are fully informed of their progress against budget and revised forecast including delivery of the relevant revenue and cost reports.
- Responsible for running and checking the Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Trial Balance each month in order to ensure all figures balance and are accurate.
- Completion of owned balance sheet reconciliations and schedules ensuring any variances are fully investigated and adjustments made accordingly.
- Proactively work to embed new Workday Finance system processes and recommend improvements to minimise manual workarounds.
- Preparation of the Financial schedules for Board and Finance Committee meetings.
- Play a part in the interim & main statutory audit by preparing schedules and reconciliations and answering auditor queries.
- To work positively and communicate professionally across the team in order to make an effective contribution to team tasks and team spirit.
- To proactively manage personal development, in order to increase performance levels and provide opportunities for career development.
- To carry out any other duties as required.
- Studying towards a recognised accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
- Minimum of 12 – 18 months experience in a finance department, preferably management accounts.
- A high level of computer literacy – needs to be a proficient user of financial systems & competent in the Microsoft Office suite – including Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident dealing with and presenting to colleagues of all levels and non-financial backgrounds.
- Strong numerical Analysis and Reconciliation skills