My client is a multi-national construction/property and are looking for an Assistant Project Accountant on a 12 month contract. The role as the opportunity to go permanent.
The role is to support and assist to ensure the accurate performance reporting and efficient financial control of the companies projects, ensuring compliance with relevant statutory regulations and procedures to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Ensuring that contracts are in place, payments are correctly supported / documented and payments timetables are adhered to.
- Project budgets and maintain project financial controls. Ensuring that budgets are in place for all development works and that sign-off is obtained before expenditure is committed.
- Approve contracts / budgets
- Highlight and escalate if there are instances of works commencing without budget approval
- Code and approve payments, ensuring they are being paid promptly.
- Checking CIS
- Resolve any payment issue with the site team
- Feedback on any payment issues
- Report and forecast overhead / staff expenditure on the project vs project and departmental budgets
- Prepare 5 week and long term cash flow forecasts for the project and report on the accuracy of these
- Explanations and commentary of variances on any of the above reports
- Approve budgets and budget transfers
- Approve contracts
- Assist with preparation of bi-annual accruals and any other reports / information required for half year or year end
- Prepare recovery of monthly progress claims from owner and any other external parties
- Any other adhoc duties as required
- Either Part qualified accountant
- Understanding of CIS scheme and VAT an advantage
- Previous experience working on construction projects an advantage
- Excel skills to an intermediate/advanced level – pivot tables, vlookups