£30,000 - £32,000
Follow us on LinkedIn for all our latest roles, news and insights
My client are a fast growing consultancy and are looking to recruit a Finance Assistant on an interim basis for 3 months.
- Process accounts payable invoices – ensuring coded correctly to Xero
- Perform monthly supplier statement reconciliations to ensure completeness of Supplier ledgers
- Ensure all bank accounts are reconciled on a daily basis, following up with relevant colleagues for any missing invoices/ payment receipts in a timely manner
- Reconciliation of all staff expenses card transactions, ensuring company expenses policy is adhered to, highlighting any issues to the Financial Controller. Also checking receipts, coding and correct VAT accounted for
- Review of all staff expenses in Xero, checking receipts, coding and correct VAT accounted for and also ensuring expenses are incurred in line with expenses policy
- Download of monthly bank statements and completion of monthly bank rec
- Assist with management and administration of contractor timesheet and expenses portal – be able to assist with responding to queries to help support other members of the team
- Supplier contracts tracking – ensure spreadsheet is kept updated to track start and end dates of all supplier contracts, with notification to the Financial Controller / relevant stakeholders of any notice periods/end dates.
- Supporting Cost base back up documentation.
- Assisting with information for Cash flow reporting.
- Automation of current Finance team processes
- Interaction with payroll/international payroll
- Assisting with and developing the credit control function including the reporting of and production of sales invoices for permanent placements.
- Weekly funding report and upload to online portal
- Assist with month end processes and reconciliations
- Assist with ad hoc finance team reporting
- Assist with accounts payable and supplier ledgers for global entities once set up and as the business grows
- Have ambitions to move into more management accounting work as experience grows
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Ideally studying towards a professional accounting qualification, which we will support.
- Previous experience of using Xero software preferable but not necessary
- Excellent Excel experience and minimum of intermediate knowledge of formulas and their uses.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident and able to liaise with clients, consultants and suppliers
- Experienced in dealing with urgent requests – adapting and prioritising your workload
- Able to work under pressure