Halliday Marx have partnered with a large retail business to recruit a Finance Business Partner on an Permanent basis. You will support and work closely with the Head of Finance, Corporate and Operations.
- Supporting the Head of Finance and the business in all aspects of the budgeting and forecasting processes, and tracking ongoing performance of a number of different functions across the business.
- Supporting and participating in Business Partnering activities with key members of the business.
- Responsible for ensuring relevant functional costs are managed, ensuring transparency of reporting and decision making.
- Reviewing the work performed by outsourced service provider and providing rationale for variances in actual results versus forecast.
- Preparation of cost centre reporting for key stakeholders allowing them to track their spend versus forecast.
- Accountable for ensuring the work performed by outsourced service provider is robustly reviewed to support accurate forecasting and reporting of results.
- Involvement in preparing Board packs for quarterly Board meetings as part of the forecast process.
- The provision of insightful analysis and quality forecasting information will form a key part of the strategic planning and decision making process and so help deliver the company’s strategic objectives.
The Successful Candidate;
- A relevant qualification (CIMA, ACA, ACCA, or similar) would be advantageous, as would experience in a commercial business environment.
- Experienced in forecasting, reporting and consolidations in a complex multinational, multi-currency business.
- You will have the ability to review and analyse financial data from a range of source information to identify trends or themes and to suggest solutions/ recommendations.
- You will be proficient in Excel and have advanced modelling skills with the ability to create and maintain complex financial models.
- You will have strong numerical and analytical skills reflecting an ability to manipulate and interpret data, to provide meaningful and useful analysis for decision making purposes.
- You will have with the ability to build relationships with a range of stakeholders and communicate complex data/principles.