£45,000 - £50,000
Follow us on LinkedIn for all our latest roles, news and insights
Halliday Marx have partnered with a fast growing Investment Firm who are looking for a Group Accountant on a permanent basis. This role reports into the Financial Controller.
- Reconciling of transactions/invoices/credit card statements across multiple companies
- Running of employee expense system on Xero.
- Monthly Bank reconciliations.
- Monthly Balance Sheet account reconciliations.
- Monthly manual journals.
- Monthly prepayment & accruals journals and addition of new prep/acc.
- Quarterly VAT returns.
- Raising of sales invoices.
- Cost recharge analysis and journals between companies.
- Fixed asset depreciation postings.
- Updating of interest schedules and calculation of periodic interest payments.
- Production of interest certificates (excel).
- Production and analysis of monthly management accounts across multiple companies (within Fathom or similar method).
- Production of yearly budgets and monthly monitoring.
- Production of cash flow forecasts for multiple businesses.
- Updating of forecasts on monthly basis.
- Payroll administration.
- Point of contact for accounting queries.
- Management reporting including dashboards, graphs and KPI’s.
- Monthly management accounts preparation for multiple companies including consolidation.
- Provide strategic insight into variances and business issues.
- Progress workloads independently to improve existing and develop new systems, controls and processes.
- Proficient & experienced in Xero accounting, having used in previous roles
- Experience of Hubdoc an advantage.
- Experience of Fathom online reporting is an advantage but not necessary (training can be provided for this).
- Trainee accountant, newly or part qualified, with knowledge of double entry
- Proficient in excel – ability to work cash flow & budget models.
- Knowledge of v-lookups & SUMIF functions.
- Knowledge of VAT, having used in previous role.
- A solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics.
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues.
- First rate verbal communication and writing skills with ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders.
- Proven project management skills with deadline and delivery focus.