Our client, a large market research company, require a Head of Commercial Finance to join their growing team on an initial 12 month basis to cover maternity with a view to going permanent afterwards. The role will report into the CFO and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provide exceptional business partnering, supporting and collaborating with senior members of the business.
- Working closely with the leads across the global sales and client success teams to jointly achieve their goals, and the overall business goals of growth, innovation and staying at the forefront of the industry. This includes, but isn’t limited to, Team and Commercial Strategy, Account Planning, Commission Frameworks and Forecasting.
- Routinely work with the CEO to discuss commercial performance and forecasts as well as any ad hoc project work and analysis to support business strategy.
- Partner with the Sales Team and Legal Counsel to negotiate MSAs and pricing agreements with our clients.
- Hold responsibility for client rate cards and appropriate pricing frameworks across our product set. Develop and maintain pricing models to support commercial objectives and ensure optimal economic returns.
- Play an active role in the conception and implementation of new accounting system, due to be executed in 2021.
- Take overall responsibility for Budget and Quarterly ReForecasting process for Bookings, Invoicing and Revenue, supported by the Commercial Finance team. This involves liaising with the sales teams and the CFO and CEO to ensure reasonable, aspirational targets are set that align with the overall company projections.
- Ownership of Global Sales commissions and bonus plans including developing and reporting on KPIs on a quarterly basis.
- Support team in reviewing contracts and ensuring Revenue Recognition in line with accounting policies, ensuring calculations are accurate and easily accessible for review internally and for audit purposes.
- Coach, guide and mentor the FP&A team of 3 to support their ongoing development and progression as skilled financial professionals.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with post significant qualified experience
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport with senior and junior colleagues alike
- Have very strong communication skills including explaining finance matters to non-finance staff
- Be keen to manage and develop a team
- Advanced Excel skills is a must
- Industry relevant experience is a bonus