Our client, a global property business, require an Intercompany Accountant to join their team on an initial 12 month basis. The role reports into the Financial Controller and the responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Internal Reporting and Accounting
- Responsible for leading a project to design & implement process improvements; to automate intercompany transactions to validate balances. Collaborating with stakeholders to eliminate high volume of historical reconciliations & mitigate adjustments/risk to materiality
- Playing a vital role in the team to complete monthly reporting
- Assisting with Month-end and internal reporting under UK GAAP & exposure to US GAAP as well as SOX controls plus calculation and management of accruals & prepayments.
- Completing monthly balance sheet reconciliations and UK & US Intercompany management on new system. Plus dealing with high volume of queries.
- Responsible for process monthly payroll for UK entity and associated tasks such as: Bonus provisions, manual adjustments and associated reconciliations.
- Assisting the FC / FD with any other Ad Hoc queries, providing guidance to the junior members of the team, supporting new initiatives & 2021 projects.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent)
- Have demonstrable experience of complex intercompany work
- Possess very strong Microsoft Excels skills
- Have strong communication skills