Halliday Marx have partnered with a property company based in North London who are looking for a Project Accountant on a permanent basis. This role is working 1 day a week in the office and 4 from home.
- Full Project management accounting ownership.
- Creating a weekly cash flow report for each project.
- Producing a full set of Management Accounts for each project.
- Variable budget preparation
- Adhoc Analysis.
- Strong communication with Project managers.
- Ensure that budgets are in place for all development works and that sign-off is obtained before expenditure is committed.
- Ensure variances are investigated and resolved promptly with the appropriate approvals.
- Review the monthly Design and Construction cost report and critically assess the accuracy and completeness of the information provided including total forecast cost, budget and any risks and opportunities.
- Preparation of monthly cost and income accruals, and monthly project funding requests.
- Review and appraisal of the spend to date and forecast ensuring reasonableness of spend on a residential block by block basis
- Provide input into the business planning and process ensuring profit release is aligned to accounting standards.
- Identifying and reporting of departmental / project Risks and Opportunities.
- Challenge the status quo and continuously make innovative improvements to system and reporting processes.
- Assist with the preparation of the business strategy by collating project data into a workable position so that ongoing reporting becomes as automated as possible.
- Provide accurate and timely information to all key stakeholders in respect of project financial data as required.
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Either ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified, Part Qualified or Qualified by Experience
- History of Project Accounting & Management for a large portfolio of projects is essential.
- Construction experience is preferred.
- Good excel and analytical skills
- Understanding of accounting standards
- Demonstrable record of improving processes, procedures and existing operational systems
- JD Edwards, SAP, BFC and Proliance experience an advantage
- Knowledge of construction VAT rules an advantage
- Evidence of strong communication skills
- Sound commercial experience, ideally in a similar environment
- Knowledge of construction accounting an advantage
- Knowledge of CIS an advantage