My client are a Multi-National Construction Company based in Central London and are looking for a Project Accountant on a 15 month contract to cover maternity.
- Ensure that budgets are in place for all development works and that sign-off is obtained before expenditure is committed.
- Review project feasibilities and check that these align to legal contractual structures.
- In liaison with the Development Analyst, monitor the actual costs incurred against the feasibility and highlight any variances.
- Ensure variances are investigated and resolved promptly with the appropriate approvals.
- Review the monthly Design and Construction cost report and critically assess the accuracy and completeness of the information provided including total forecast cost, budget and any risks and opportunities.
- Liaise closely with and support the Design and Construction team to allow accurate reporting of accruals and cash forecasts.
- Assist senior commercial and development staff with their queries as well as provide other internal departments with cost reporting information as required.
- Preparation of monthly cost and income accruals, and monthly project funding requests.
- Review and appraisal of the spend to date and forecast ensuring reasonableness of spend on a residential block by block basis.
- Provide input into the business planning and process ensuring profit release is aligned to accounting standards.
- Identifying and reporting of departmental / project Risks and Opportunities.
- Challenge the status quo and continuously make innovative improvements to system and reporting processes.
- Assist with the preparation of the business strategy by collating project data into a workable position so that ongoing reporting becomes as automated as possible.
- Provide detail and support the Development team with any Joint Venture Reporting.
- Other ad-hoc project support and analysis as and when required.
- Work closely with Central Finance, Development Analysts and other operational departments to ensure project financial data reported is complete, accurate and presented in a timely manner.
- Provide accurate and timely information to all key stakeholders in respect of project financial data as required.
- Working with the Tax team, provide support and advice on the VAT status of construction works.
- Provide significant project support in respect of new system roll-out.
- Provide ad-hoc support for any other projects as and when they arise.
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified.
- Good excel and analytical skills
- Understanding of accounting standards
- Demonstrable record of improving processes, procedures and existing operational systems
- JD Edwards, SAP, BFC and Proliance experience an advantage
- Knowledge of construction VAT rules an advantage
- Evidence of strong communication skills
- Sound commercial experience, ideally in a similar environment
- Knowledge of construction accounting an advantage
- Knowledge of CIS an advantage