Halliday Marx have exclusively partnered with an outstanding Financial Services Company.
The Senior Financial Controller will be expected to proactively support the CFO in driving forward automation and improvements to all processes. In addition, the SFC will actively assist in commercial projects in the business and be the ‘go to’ person for all aspects of the entity’s financial accounting, taxation, and regulatory compliance, playing a key role in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of financial information across the Company.
Financial / Management accounting and control
- Own all aspects of financial accounting and control for the legal entity
- Manage the annual group budgeting process. This includes liaising with the various departmental budget holders and the respective local resource. Manage the year end group statutory and CASS audits. This includes the preparation of financial statements
- Maintain solid cost control by understanding all existing costs and ensure processes control future spend
- Oversee and prepare routine, ad hoc management information
- Prepare regular and meaningful variance analysis of actuals vs budget / forecast
- Continuously strive to improve the detail maintained in the general ledger enabling improvements in management reporting
- Monitor & review daily treasury position. This includes:
- Daily treasury/cashflow management, Routine liquidity reporting, Daily margin transfers, client withdrawals, daily client money transfers and bi-monthly supplier payment runs. Monthly FX exposure monitoring and control
- Oversight, management, and compliance with HMRC obligations (CT, PAYE NI, VAT etc)
Regulatory reporting and control
- Oversee and review the accurate and timely preparation of the daily client money reconciliations.
- Ensure that the finance team are compliance with the FCA’s client assets (CASS) regulations (CMAR Reporting, CASS RP etc.)
- Prepare the firms MIFPRU regulatory filings under the FCA’s recently introduced Investment Firm Prudential Requirements (IFPR)
- Oversee and review the production of monthly, quarterly, and annual regulatory reporting to exchanges and other regulators
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of the firms internal regulatory documents. This includes but is not limited to the annual ICARA document, The wind down plan and the recovery plan.
- Resource planning – ensure sufficient cover is always available for all key daily tasks and operations across the various time zones
- Share information on all processes ensuring appropriate knowledge, understanding maintaining review
- Train, develop and support junior staff members.
- Perform end of year appraisals and personal development plans
- Support the CFO and represent the finance department in key group projects and assist other departments in general system and control process improvements/project integration
- Assist in the documenting of all key policies and procedures
- Challenge and always strive to improve everything whilst maintaining a strong control focus
- Assist in the continuous improvement and automation of key daily processes
You should have:
- ICARA experience
- Investment Firm Prudential Requirements (IFPR) experience
- Financial Futures and Options industry knowledge and experience
- Derivatives experience a bonus